County Mapper XM
Clear Search Graphics
Clear ALL Graphics
Find intersection (e.g. Easy/Jefferson Davis)
Northing/Easting in VA State Plane
Longitude/Latitude in Decimal Degrees
Current Tool: Keyboard
No results available
User Manual (PDF)
Map navigation using mouse (recommend):
Map navigation using mouse (recommend):
- Drag to pan
- SHIFT+drag rectangle to zoom in
- SHIFT+Control+drag rectangle to zoom out
- SHIFT + Click to recenter
- Mouse Scroll Forward to zoom in
- Mouse Scroll Backward to zoom out
- Double Click Zoom in
- For Slider bar on the map, click the "arrow" to zoom in/out to next level. Avoid directly dragging up/down the ticker.
- After using tools on the toolbar, click to deactivate toolbar and enable mouse navigation
- Click arrows on map corner to pan
- When mouse over map, coordinate readout is shown on lower left corner
- Current map scale is shown at lower center
- Click to show Overview map.
- The red square shows current map location
- Click to expand Overview map to full size
- Drag the red square to navigate to new location
Map Tools->Show Parcel Info.
- Only available when zoom in beyond scale 1:9600
- When enabled, hover mouse over a parcel to show parcel information
- Enable this tool only when it is necessary. Disable the tool when not in use for best performance
- Only available when zoom in beyond scale 9600
- When enabled, click it will pop up the Buffer Parcel window
- Fill in Buffer Distance, select Buffer Unit in Feet or Mile. If Return Address checked, Parcel address falling inside Buffer zone will show in Result Panel.
- Click StartBuffer button, then click on map to start buffering.
- This tool will bring you to the Google site for drive direction
- Whenever a search return result with address, a link for Drive Direction can be found in Result Panel
- Only currently visible layers are available for identify. While Identify panel open, click "Update Layer" to update layer list
- Features can be identified by point or rectangle
- Identify result shows in Result panel on the right side
- For Identify result, click "ZoomTo" to have a close look at the identified feature. Click "Highlight" to show feature as Red on map
- Measure Point: draw point on map and returns coordinate in both Northing/Easting and Lat/Long
- Measure Line: draw a line on map and returns the length in feet/mile
- Measure Polygon: draw polygon on map and returns the perimeter and area
- Use the icon to select what to draw: text, point, line, freeLine, polygon, freePolygon
- Use ParcelHight tool to hightlight the parcel where you click on map
- Click to cancel last drawing, click to delete all drawings
- Size and Color apply to text, point, line and polygon while Transparency only applies to polygon
- For point and line, select the desired shape from the Symbol dropdown list.
- You can print the map along with title, results and legend.
- In new print window, you can use mouse to pan (drag) or zoom (shift+drag) the printout image.
- Use the browser's print function to print the map. Adjust the margins for best result.
- When print in Landscape layout, the legend will appear in second page if included.
- Customer configuration saved as cookies in local hard drive
- Extension saves the current map extend
- Layers saves current layer configuration
- Use meaningful names for better user experience
- The current active tool is shown as Red
- "Keyboard" means you can navigate by both Mouse and Keyboard
This is where you select which data to display on the map. There are more than 70 datasets to choose from, which resides in 8 categories
- Click category name on the left side to show layers in that category
- Check/uncheck the category name will turn on/off all layers in that category
- Use slider to adjust the transparency for all layers in that category
- Check/uncheck individual layer to turn on/off that layer
- Individual layers are scale dependent, which means they are available to display on the map only at certain scale level. For example, the Parcel layer is available when map scale is larger than 1:4800.
- Click appropriate tab to search parcel by GPIN or Address
- When search by GPIN, at least 4 digit number is required
- If search returns one result, the map will zoom to that parcel and highlight it. Multiple results will show in the Result panel
- For individual result, click appropriate button to show adjacent parcels, show tax information in new window or show more information for that parcel
- Address search uses the Premise Address layer and allows you search by Unit number
- If search returns one result, the map will zoom to that address and highlight it. Multiple results will show in the Result panel
- For individual result, click More Info. button to show more information for that address
- Click appropriate tab to find location by Intersection, Map Coordinates or Lat/Long
- For Intersection search, only enter the Street Name, do not include the Street Type
- Select the Feature you want to search in the Dropdown list
- Select the keyword to search in the next Dropdown list
- The Select Options Dropdown list contains 24 choices per page, click More Choice to see more choices
- Type your choice in the Dropdown will bring up the suggestions, most useful for longer list
- best view using Internet Explorer 7 or Firefox 3.x on Windows XP SP2
- Other browsers are not fully tested
- best viewed for screen resolution at 1280x1204
- lower resolution may affect display of the application
- Internet connection required
- "My Map" function requires Cookies to be enabled